I could talk for hours about how cute children are…but they’re also a handful and have apparently endless sums of energy.
I could also ramble on and on about how great it is to adopt a pet .
But what happens when you blend the two things? Well, for one, the cuteness levels increase exponentially( kids+ pets= adorable overload ), but let’s look at the other reasons you need to get a pet for your little one:
1. They watch no sizing nor species — merely love.
2. A lap dog is a lap dog is a lap dog.
3. They can teach them that differences are beautiful — and maybe not so different after all.
4. Dress up is always way cooler with a bud.
5. They’re always maintaining watch, even when it’s a little unnecessary.
6. It doesn’t take long — like, less than 20 minutes — to become besties.
7. They learn that sharing( chew toys) is caring.
8. They teach you to stop and smell the flowers.
9. They’ll always let the little one win.
10. They’re always there to give a helping paw.
11. They’re always good for a great belly laugh.
12. But they’re also good for those deep, meaningful chats, too.
13. Nap time is WAY better with a friend.
14. So many cuddles.
15. I mean…seriously!
16. They’ll always have a friend who’s willing to binge Netflix.
17. With a furry friend, everyone can be a Disney princess or prince.
18. Above all, they’ve always got their kid’s back when it comes to avoiding bedtime.
19. Discovering new things — like snow or the mailman — is always more exciting.
20. No matter how old they may grow, they’re always up for an adventure.
21. Chores become playtime.
If you haven’t left your house for the pet shelter already, I’m sure you’re grabbing your coat right now. I know I am and I don’t even have children! These best friends are just too cute.