When he depicted up on the doorstep of Faye Richards’ house in Withywood, England, a cat named Grant was in horrible shape. Covered from head to toe in wet cement, the poor cat was surely am dying if anyone didn’t help him out.
When Richards took him to her local vet, she learned the heartbreaking truth about Grant’s situation.
By the time the veterinarian could see him, the concrete on his back had already hardened. Because he was traumatized, doctors decided to forego a bath in favor of combing out everything they could.
Concrete powder is toxic, so they had to remove it as quickly as possible.
“Most of his top coat was covered in concrete and it was matting together, ” said vet Adam Sheridan. He ultimately decided to shave Grant.
When they analyse the pattern of the concrete, they learned that this was no accident. From what they could see, vets concluded that someone had intentionally encompassed poor Grant in concrete.
“Grant did not have any concrete on his paws and the pattern of the cement on his fur looks like it was poured over him. Cats are not normally attracted to wet concrete. Because of the soft feel of it, they find it quite unsettling.”
At this point, Grant is getting plenty of rest and relaxation.
( via Nothing To Do With Arbroath)
Since several members of the community have stepped up to adopt Grant, the veterinary squad has decided to screen all prospects to ensure that the cat determines a great home.